Monday, October 12, 2020

Seesaw Medial Vowel Sorts

 I'm absolutely loving Seesaw. I'm total fangirl, lol. We just finished up our last short vowel in OG (Orton Gillingham). We will continue to review them but after fall break we are going to introduce the H Brothers. OG is all about being fair and not assigning passages or assignments where the content hasn't been covered in OG. It is now 'fair' to assign them tasks with all 5 short vowels. 


Enter the short vowel sorts on Seesaw! We still do paper/pencil activities and cutting and gluing but it has been cut back this year with the Seesaw for School purchase and Covid. It's still important to get those motor skill activities in but most of my centers are not digital activities in Seesaw. It also works well when I get a student that has to isolate or quarantine (unfortunate reality). I don't personally have any virtual students (100 % every day that is) but there are those in my district on the first grade team that do. So, we do a lot of group planning. It's been phenomenal to have the time to collaborate and share ideas. 


I plan on using these for a reading station activity (I'll be posting how I do stations in Seesaw soon) or as a morning work type activity. 

If you get these you can "Copy and Edit" and add different directions or record audio where you read the words. 




0 Replies:

Post a Comment