Saturday, September 26, 2020

More Seesaw! Subtilizing Tens Frames Game

I'm bringing ya another Seesaw freebie. I have a new co-teacher. She's primarily taught kindergarten and she was moved up to first grade this year. In a way it's perfect because when school abruptly turned on a dime in March many kids stopped growing academically. While I 100% safety comes first I'm seeing a big difference in my beginning of the year firsties. She knows the kids and exactly where they left off so it's been helpful to me. 

While it's been helpful to me and she's a great teacher and knows what the kids need it's a new atmosphere for her. Kindergarten has its own challenges and perks and way of life in a way. I know I couldn't go down to kindergarten even though it's just one year. If you're in education you see the difference. I have great respect for anyone that can "wrangle" 20 five year olds of so many different levels. 

She was talking to me about a game she'd played or thought she saw or thought she had. She said she wanted to do Tens Frame Bingo but couldn't find it online or saved in her files. Normally this would be a very beginning of the year fun review activity for me but I can truly see that some of my students need to subtilize quicker.. We don't quite have the automaticity I'm used to when it comes to seeing tens frames and knowing, dice and knowing, dominoes, or even fingers. Struggle bus!

So I created this for one of our review lessons next week and shared it with her. I've decided to share it as a freebie with you as well. There are two levels for differentiated instruction and I've included a .pdf with the printable tens frames for the teacher to use to call out numbers or for print and practice. 

I plan on making more BINGO type games. I've also created some Battleship Games that look very similar but they aren't whole/small group they're done with partners. 


Here is a quick video preview of the Tens Frame BINGO game and below it you'll find a link to download. 

It says processing but it's totally ready. 




Clientmoji

0 Replies:

Post a Comment