Friday, May 10, 2013

It's Friday so I have 5 for You

We're running out of school Fridays!!!

I haven't been such a photographer this week. I wasn't really in my classroom much. I did two days of assessments and one day at a meeting...and believe me...those pictures would be borrrringgg. #zzzzZZzzz

So, let's see what I did capture:

1. My first blog hop!!!
I have definitely hopped along a few blog hops to check things out and get myself some freebies. Yesterday was the first hop that I was a part of.  I updated my end of year awards from last year so that they now say 2013. I'm going to finish hopping along after I post this to check out the other freebies.
click here to check out the original post and all the blogs that are on the hop



click here to download.
almost 2000 downloads!

the downloads will say 2013 not 2012, I just didn't make new preview images. 


2. Baby Shower
In a few weeks I'm going to have a new nephew. I love being an Aunt and already have two pre-k nephews and a teenage niece. I think it has a lot of perks of being a parent with absolutely none of the responsibility.

The weather was a little less than awesome for an outdoor shower but the rain stayed away and baby P got a lot of great gifts.

His initials are PAC...so I really want to find baby PacMan stuff!!!
3. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week
A parent brought me this on Wednesday. I'm a notorious plant killer but I'm going to try really really hard to keep it alive.  I have such a great group of kiddos and parents.

I had another parent spread the word to bring in flowers for me today. I didn't get a shot of them but kid after kid kept coming in my room with flowers. It was too sweet. I had such a big grin on my face. It looks like a hodge podge bouquet but it was the sweetest!!

4. First Grade Circus
At my school at the end of May the first graders perform a circus. Each kid is assigned a role (big cats, dogs, elephants, gymnasts, ringmaster, scooters, basketball players, etc). We are about to be in full out circus mode next week. It turns out so neat. I love seeing them in their costumes and makeup while they perform for their families and friends.

I'm working on some circus themed things for my kiddos to do during all the circus frenzy. (Kids are going to be sporadically pulled from my room to work with the the adult volunteer to learn their circus routines--so I need to do some things that can be completed independently or are review)

I'm working on this (so far the cover is the most impressive part but it's a work in progress):
Any end of year math skills that your kiddos need practice with? Any CCS that were really hard to fit in?
I have two or three started and am going to try to wrap it up over this 3-day weekend. (Monday we have an unused snow day #WooHoo)

5. Oh....and this happened!
Shut the front door people! I went to make sure a scheduled post went through---and I saw this! I had to screen capture this bad boy. I am so stinkin' jazzed. I think I may have to plan a little something-something.

Head on over to check out some other #FiveForFriday posts
click here


5 Replies:

Jessica Goodrow said...

Congrats on the 300 followers. That's really cute that your kids perform a circus. I have never heard of anything like that. Thanks for the link to the blog hop. I will check it out tonight!

Jessica
Literacy Spark

Unknown said...

Love your end of the year awards! They are super cute! :) Congrats on 300 followers! Glad a I found you!

Amanda
Learning to the Core

Mrs. Griffith said...

Woo hoo! What a great milestone, congrats!

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Unknown said...

I just found your blog through Doodlebugs linky party. Congrats on the 300 followers. Such a milestone. I am your newest follower.

Cindy

First Grade A to Z

Christy said...

Congratulations on hitting the big 300! I was so happy when my reached 35 last week. I am your newest follower :)
~Christy
Mrs. Holder’s First Grade

Post a Comment