Tuesday, April 29, 2014

End of Year Parent Check-List

Okay maybe not final but we're getting so close. It's nearly May. I can smell it in the air!!!

I'm thinking of sending home a little check-list for parents to show them some of the things I look for when making sure the kiddos are ready for 2nd grade. Now by no means would I use this list solely for retention purposes but I'd like to give the parents a bit of an idea of how prepared the kiddos should be when they walk into 2nd grade on the first day.

Here's a preview:
I'm really looking for input so please feel free to tell me if I'm missing a big skill (I know I am!) or if some of these you don't feel are really necessary for 2nd grade. Oh, and of course typos.

I'd also like to make a reading check-list. Suggestions?

3 Replies:

Chateau Christensen said...

Have you made the reading checklist yet? I'm very interested in getting my hands on that!

Sebra said...

Love this. I'm sending it to parents with progress reports. I would love to see a reading list as well. Thank you for sharing.

Tonya Martin said...

I absolutely love this! I am going to give it to my parents at the EOY conference! Do you have one for ELAR? I would love to have it, if you do! :)

Post a Comment