Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Reading Comprehension

I'm starting to really teach and practice comprehension skills. Based on our reading assessments (TRCs) at the beginning of the year I came up with this worksheet to aide in recalling details. I had many firsties that couldn't tell me complete sentences about what happened in the story and struggled (hard) with sequencing a story when they could recall events.

I've been sending this home on Wednesdays when I send our reading books home. It is to be completed with help from an adult but the ideas should be from the kids. I do plan on making versions of this that will grow and develop as first graders do throughout the school year.


Best of all--->IT'S FREE!

click here to get your freebie

4 Replies:

Unknown said...

This is such a great resource! I'm a first grade SPED/reading intervention teacher and I cannot wait to use this with my kiddos for the next fluency passage we read!

Thanks :)
Pili
Glitter and Gradebooks

Jennifer Schrenk said...

Thank you! Great resource. I look forward to using it with my students in the new school year.

Zouzo said...

loved it thaaanks
From Egypt

James said...

comprehension skills can be good only by good practice Private tutor Naples You are doing a good job

Post a Comment