Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Suncatcher

This week we're learning about pumpkins. Thanks to fellow bloggers I'll be all over some great read alouds, anchor charts, and maybe some taste testing!!

We'll end our pumpkinpalooza by making those pumpkin tissue paper window decorations I made last year. 










 
Short fat pumpkin
 
long skinny pumpkin
__________________________


I still didn't do contact paper. We just went slower and I had them cut the templates out in small groups with me.  We also cut our squares out together step-by-step (took longer but so much handier than some kids ending up with tiny squares)
Then we did the edges and filled the inside together. 


Fall is so pretty here. I'm not looking forward to what could be another awful winter but this view makes me enjoy the right now:
the view from our playground

1 Replies:

Anonymous said...

Hey :) Im really enjoying your blog and its thoroughness! I was wondering if you had your math color by numbers in some other format. I cant get them to print. They're showing up as blank pages when I attempt.
Thanks for your time.
Meghan.
yow.meghan@gmail.com

Post a Comment