Friday, July 13, 2012

Just Pinning It...




**Click link to go to source of pin**
1. Using Unifix cubes to teach coin value
Such a neat visual and kiddos should be able to count by 5s by the time you introduce money.


2. Sight Word Uno
I love all things Uno! This was great. To beat it all, it's FREE!
 
3. Flip Chute!!!
This is so neat you really need to watch the video to understand. Soooo many possibilities.
 

4. Labeling your stuff!
Every year I have my teacher supplies for the kiddos to borrow. They're kept in a special place and I often spend the time to write BC somewhere on the item. We all know that that Sharpie does eventually wipe off though...sigh. So not only does that happen but there will be those times that the kiddos get out their crayon box and you revert to being a 7yr old and in your head you say, "Hey, those are my scissors!" Well, why not use some jazzy duct tape. No disputing that.

5. Teacher Tipster.com---Chart Folders
These are so neat. I really hope you've checked out his videos. He has tons of ideas, especially if you're into musical teaching or attention grabbing strategies. Ever hear, "What do we do when we're done?" Well here's one idea you copy some things for the kiddos to work on...like math facts, handwriting, connect-the-dots, spelling, etch. You slide it into a sheet protector and put it in their binder (I use math binders so it'll be easy for me to integrate) and Poof! instant stuff to do when they're done.


Pinned Image



3 Replies:

Kelly said...

Hi I found you from your comments on First Grade and Fabulous. I totally agreed with your comment. Your blog looks great.

Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

Heather's Heart said...

I love the unifix cubes and coin amount! Thank you for sharing. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Miss Cosby said...

I think that that is such a great visual!

Post a Comment