Friday, March 22, 2013

I got 5 on it

Yes. Every week I do one of these I will be trying to think of a title with a song or movie quote. lol

I missed last week but I'm here for this week's 5 for Friday!




1. Giant Number Line
We were finishing up our chapter on numbers to 40. In this chapter we count, make, and identify tens, compare two digit numbers, read and write numbers 20-40, patterns on a number line and do things like '2 less than 31 is _______' and '________ is 5 more than 25'

We needed some pattern practice and some practice with the '2 less than 31 is _______' and '________ is 5 more than 25' problems. Enter the giant number line. I printed numbers and taped it all together. We took off our shoes and walked the line. We made little number lines to follow up and use with our assignments.
 



2. Mix Match Centers
I make all of my centers at home but I print and laminate them at school. Well our laminator is out of commission and now so is the color printer we have access to. So right now I have a hodgepodge of centers for the kiddos to do. I love my number bond centers that I create. Here one of the kiddos has circled herself into number bond work. I thought her little semi-circle was too funny. 


I have numbers bonds in a few of my monthly centers. Click here to get a free Valentine set. 


3. I get a little bored....
I have an iPhone and like playing around with Siri. You can change the language (and I played with quite a few). Here we are having a convo in Spanish. I remembered a few key phrases and when I tried to do more it was so funny what she'd respond with. I'm calling it immersion learning.

4.  Field Trip!
This week we went on a field trip to the Children's Museum. While we were there we saw The Tortoise and the Hare. It was a really good play and we learned 'Slow and steady wins the race'


We got to dig for fossils and a ton of other awesomeness. It is 5 floors of interactive learning for all ages. On the bus one of my students said "Did you know you can learn at the museum?" Hmmm, who would have thought

5. Spring Break
I'm officially on spring break right now!!! No big plans and the weather here isn't looking too great (it's actually looking bad) but I will not be a slave to the alarm clock. I will conquer my laundry, I will go to the eye-doctor at a crazy early time next week, I will 'do lunch' at least once. 

Since I'm off I'll also probably work on some TpT projects I've had in my head for a while. Would you like to see a new set of Math Journals or April Centers? 


Want to link up with Five for Friday??

Click here to link up

4 Replies:

Kimberly Ann said...

We went to the Children's Museum this week too! My kiddos LOVED it!

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Mandy Lopez said...

Hi! I saw your blog when I linked up with Five for Friday as well. Talking to Siri is too funny! At the beginning of the school year I got a phone that has Siri and was just playing around with it, and asked if I was going to have a good school year. Her response? "It's doubtful." Ha--good thing she was wrong!

Love your blog!

Mandy
The 4th Grade Journey

Jean Robinson said...

Love the big number line! Going the children's museum is on my to do list for spring break for my peanut. We are off the first week in April.
Jean
Diving Into 2nd Grade

The Brown-Bag Teacher said...

Wow! I love the huge number line. It would be perfect for active learners. :) Happy Spring Break!

Catherine
The Brown-Bag Teacher

Post a Comment