Saturday, March 16, 2013

No more wire hangers! (actually lots of wire hangers)

Easter is at the end of my spring break this year so I'm going to pick and choose from my normal easter fun. 

Here is the craft I usually do

I have the template but I got it from a coworker at a school I worked at at the beginning of my teaching career. It is probably from one of those monthly craft books you get from Mailbox or something so I probably couldn't share it anyway. 

I will say that I used one large sheet of tissue paper and a wire hanger for the head. The rest would be pretty easy to draw. The original bunnies my coworkers made had round faces. It was hard to bend all those circles and I thought this guy looked cute with cheekbones. :) And we put the bow in different spots. Usually in the middle or one of the ears for a girl bunny and at the bottom of the chin for a boy bunny. I change the color of the bows each year, too. 


This is a packet with 8 stations for Easter and/or Spring activities. 
You can do them all in one day and have the students rotate stations or spread them out leading up to Easter. 
I know that all schools may not be allowed to do Easter-specific themes so many of these may be adaptable to Spring and there is a separate cover sheet. 

-Egg Decorating Planning 
-Weight and Balance
-Addition facts (doubles and mixed)
-Reading comprehension
-Graphing (Bar Graph)
-Sorting (you choose how to sort)
-Cards (easy to color and add own text)


It is one of the first packets I ever made. 

1 Replies:

A Tale of 2 First Grades said...

Hey girl,

I have a question for you, a couple of weeks ago you left a comment on my blog that you are on your schools curriculum mapping team. I have a question about how you interpret the last part of the math standard...1.NBT.4
Understand that in adding two-digit numbers, one adds tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose a ten. Are you working on two digit addition with regrouping? my email is afunk1994@gmail.com Alison

Post a Comment