Thursday, May 2, 2013

Currently in May

New month means new linky! I'm linking up with Farley for the monthly Currently!


Listening--
Two and a Half Men with Charlie Sheen (it really changed when Charlie 'died')

Loving--
This month I'm not complaining about the weather. I'm enjoying the last week or so sooooo much. The coldest day this week will be in the 60s. I can handle that. I'm hoping with the late start to spring that summer won't be scorching. 

Thinking--
At my school each year the first graders perform a circus. Well it's almost that time folks. I wanted to show last year's performance to the current first graders but I can't find that flippin' DVD! I can find the years before it but 2012 has grown legs and walked off. 

Wanting--
Indiana has had some problems with the current standardized test which has to be administered online. Also for us K-2 teachers we have some testing to do as well. I will be up to my elbows next week in DIBELs. ;/

Needing--
I have a baby shower (I'm going to have a new nephew) and a birthday celebration this weekend. My younger brother is going to have a son, Baby P, and my older brother is celebrating his birthday on Sunday. (Despite it being Cinco de Mayo we're having a cookout...I really wanted some queso blanco)

Summer Bucket List--
  1. Road Trip-So far I'm planning a road trip with my friend to Chicago. We're going to go to the science museum, Shedd Aquarium, and whatever else tickles our fancy. 
  2. I don't know if I'll be beach-bound this summer (sniffle, sniffle) but I will be lounging at the pool slathered in SPF working on my pale people tan.
  3. During the school year I usually limit going out to weekends. I still call S-Th school nights lol. This summer I want to go and hang out and eat and do what all the crazy kids do during the week. (or even what my late 20s early 30s friends do, lol)
Wanna check out more blogs? Wanna link up and do a Currently?
Check out Farley's blog

click here

In about a week and a half I'll be posting my first post on Teaching Blog Roundup! There's sure to be a freebie--so keep on the look out. 

5 Replies:

First Grade Buddies said...

We're with you on NO standardized testing! We have to administer one to our first grade kiddos next week! Yikes!!

We also love those carefree summer nights!

:) Tamra and Sarah
First Grade Buddies

Kate said...

I am going to Chicago this summer too! You have a busy weekend! Have a fun time and congrats on being an Aunt!
Kate
Fun in ECSE

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. I think a road trip sounds amazing!!! I have always wanted to do an East Coast road trip and visit historical landmarks. I am your newest follower.

Mrs. Arentz said...

Your bucket list is great! I am so envious of my friends who do things on school nights, while I do teacher-homework and go to bed. Here's to catching up on some week-night fun this summer! I'm a new follower. :)

Wendy
Read With Me ABC

Carrie said...

I went to Chicago last year! We did the aquarium and museums too! Such fun! Enjoy your summer!

Carrie
BuzzIntoKinder

Post a Comment