Thursday, August 1, 2013

August (B2s) Currently

Hello people! I'm linking up with Farley today to bring you a B2S August Currently. 


Listening--> Bones (daytime tv is not my fave so I won't miss it) It's a Christmas episode. Whenever I watch a Christmas episode during the non-Christmas season it momentarily puts me into the spirit...even if it's Bones and dead bodies and what not.

Loving-->Last summer Indiana had horribly high temps and now we're having a streak of under 80 temps. Today is the first day in over a week it's topped 80...it is cutting into my pool time though.

Thinking-->I've had a lot (a lot a lot a lot) going on in my head right now.

Wanting-->I kinda procrastinated and it just hit me the other day that I go back to school in less than 2 weeks. Oops. I need my stuff unpacked and setup stat!

Needing--> I just need a little carefree time w/ no worries. Unfortunately I don't think adults are granted such a luxury.

B2S must haves-->
1. I have a meet the teacher night the night before school starts so I need to have my stuff to parents printed out and organized.
suggestions:
click here

click here


click here


click here

2. Maybe I'm like a kid going back to school....maybe I'm a girl and like new clothes. Whatever. I just like to have a new outfit or 2 for that first week back. :D 
thinking of this dress with a white cardigan

3. I don't know about the upper grades but in first grade I can't leave a book or worksheet with directions on each desk and have the kiddos come in and get to work. I have to have something that is pretty easy to figure out and engaging. I usually do a coloring sheet because the kids file in at different times and some need more help finding their desk than others and some parents want to chitchat when dropping their kiddos off.  I have other coloring pages I've used but they're at school. 
click here
I've also seen teachers leave whiteboards on desks, and playdough to keep the younger kids engaged while the day starts. 



Head on over and link up! (I love this linky)

14 Replies:

Kelly Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Anne said...

Ohh I love that dress! I think a new outfit or two for the first week of school is an absolute MUST! Where did your dress come from? LOVE!

XO, Kelly Anne :)

Everyone Deserves to Learn said...

I know exactly how you feel about watching Christmas episodes! I saw my first Christmas commercial the other day and was like, ohno...too fast! I think that's a cute dress...maybe add a belt with on top of the cardigan?

-Maria
Everyone deServes to Learn

Melissa said...

Ooh Bones, I need to get caught up on that. I fell so far behind last year! I love that dress btw, a white cardigan would be so cute with it!! :)

Fashion Craze Learning Days

Delighted said...

I love bones. Her personality just cracks me up! Do you think there are really people like her out there...Oh wait, I have a brother-in-law that could most definitely be related. lol I'm jealous of the 82 degrees. :-)

imgoingfirst@gmail.com

A Sunny Day in First Grade said...

Ooo I love that dress! I've been wanting my room set up too!! Good luck with yours!

Sarah
A Sunny Day in First Grade

Christy said...

I also need to get my room set-up! I don't think that the rest of the world understands what teachers do to "get ready!" I am thinking about making those colorful info packets too!
~Christy
Mrs. Holder’s First Grade

Miss Trayers said...

Very jealous of your weather! I was sitting-just sitting on a bench in my front yard today with my puppy and both of us were sweating! :) I like having a new first day outfit too.

NotJustChild'sPlay

The Colorful Apple said...

I need to be carefree too...I don't think adults get that though! Maybe one day of carefree-ness?? That could work.

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Erin said...

That dress looks like the perfect 1st Day outfit! I'm loving those volunteer letters...I just might have to make those this year!
Erin
Short and Sassy Teacher

Julie DiBenedetto said...

I have just a few weeks left too! Crunch time!
Your back to school dress is cute! Makes me want to start school shopping for myself!
Have a great weekend,
Julie
Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

Julia said...

Love all of the back to school forms! I need to start getting organized!

Lattes and Laughter

Unknown said...

I LOVE Bones! It is one of my favorite series. Booth is so dreamy! I'm so glad you linked up. I love the flip book handbook you posted!

Unknown said...

Hi! I teach first too and really like the cute Meet the Teach night things you posted. Super cute dress too!

Lindsey at Forever First Grade

Post a Comment