Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Currently Catch-Up

Hello blogland. I've been gone pretty much a month so before I share my currently I thought I'd tell you why. It hasn't been something that's been easy to talk about but I am more and more.

About two weeks ago I had weight loss surgery. I opted to have a vertical sleeve gastrectomy (vsg)I did this for health reasons. It's been a long process that I've kinda been skirting around on here for months. I had my procedure about two weeks ago. I feel pretty good now, a little low on energy, but able to do more and more each day.

I'm slowly telling friends and one of my top questions is: What do you eat? When can you eat 'real' food?

What I eat is kinda weird, lol. Protein is the focus but think of what a baby, toddler, preschooler, etc eats. I start out liquid, then pureed, then slowly introduce new easy to digest foods.

I'm totally okay with questions btw but please leave any judgment, criticism, or scare stories to yourself. That's just not supportive or conducive to healing.

Oh and this totally meant no Christmastime goodies for me! :(

Listening-->I need background noise at pretty much all times. A fave is on amazon prime--The Hunger Games. I'd really like to go and see the second one again. Oh and I'm freezing so my heat keeps kicking on.

Loving--> I was very private (until now, haha) about my surgery decision. I should've been more open. Every one I have told has been so supportive and nice. I love them and am lucky to have them in my life.

Thinking--> I'm in Indiana...I don't usually watch the weather so I'm not sure if there's a national freeze going on but check this out:
I'm sorry....a high of negative 3?????? Who would like an exchange teacher? I'll come live with you and teach with you and grade for you!

Wanting--> a sandwich....no, I'm not hungry really but I just miss chewing and the simplicity of a turkey sandwich

Needing-->Due to surgery I missed the last 3 days before break. Great timing so I wouldn't have to miss much work but I was super sad to miss those 3 days with my kiddos. :( I need to go in and get ready to go back! Doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate with those wishes. The roads are pretty bad right now.

Memory--> This year's holiday memory for me will be popsicles. I eat sugar free popsicles to stay hydrated and get some yummy flavor. I'm like a kid again, lol

I've been concentrated on my doctor stuff and not in the mindset of TpT and lately low on energy so I haven't created anything in a while. I'm slumming. One of my goals is to get back on track with this.


I do feel bad for being gone so long so you can get my January centers in my TpT store 20% off for a limited time!

click here to see the original post

also these February items will be included in the sale
click here
click here

click here


wanna link up with a currently?

5 Replies:

Owl Things First said...

I hope your recovery continues to go well. I have a friend who teaches first grade and made this same decision about a year ago. She feels great and has more energy, less backaches and a new lease on life! Sandwiches are highly overrated! They're just all bready and yuck!! Now popsicles...They rock!! Michigan is warmer than you are....but not by much!
Jenny

Michelle said...

Hey there!
I'm glad you are making a good recovery. Good for you for taking care of yourself! I totally hear you on the temperature. I'm in Chicago, so we have a similar forecast. It will all be worth it when the sun comes out and we're on summer break though. Keep that front and center in your mind!
Happy 2014!
Michelle
BigTime Literacy

Kelly said...

I'm so glad to hear you are recovering well - and good for you! I think it takes a lot of courage to make that kind of decision for yourself. As someone that has struggled with weight my whole life, I can't imagine how hard that had to be. Wishing you an even speedier recovery, and a new year full of blessings! I love winter, so being in GA (even if it IS going to be in the teens next week), I would switch with you if there's snow! :)

Kelly
First Grade Fairytales

Barbara said...

Feel better soon. That was a brave move!
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Unknown said...

Did the same 5 months ago!! Hell and Heaven :) Did for health also. I’m looking for your post on a checklist for kiddos going into 2nd on Reading. I found your math and �� it! I have many parents who need a “reminder” of what is expected for 2nd. Ty!!

Post a Comment